Thursday, June 29, 2006

Garden Themed Straw Hats




Between local auction and SIL ended up with 3 unadorned hats. 2 vintage straw hats and 1 contemporary pressed faux straw cowboy. What to do? The inspiration came at the Grandma's Attic sponsored parking lot Flea Market. Wanda, one of the other venders at Grandma's, is not only a seller of fine china and beautiful things, she is an award winning flower gardner and arranger. In chatting with Wanda, my mind turned to summer gardening.

Well am not too keen on being out in the garden myself but do enjoy the idea and the flowers and vegtables. So created some garden essence on the 3 blank hats. The two vintage straws had no internal head band so added a bias cotton headband to each making the hats functional and then trimmed with external bands of grosgrain and vintage flower stems.

2 comments:

Weaver Brewer & Fam said...

How shameful of me not to have noticed your sig line with your blog sooner (I'll claim that it is because I've been so busy working on my Gollum, but really its just me being me)

You are already bookmarked and I can't wait to see more! You are such an inspiration to me. Thanks for getting my creativity flowing.
--Chipper (from craftster)

Glorious Hats said...

Oh Joy!! and Big Hugs, Wow Chipper, so happy you found this and want to follow along. My goal is to post at least once a week.

Am looking forward to Gollum's further development. You yourself are quite amazing.

More hugs,
Jane