Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vintage Buttons into Rings



Thanks to tomate d'epingles for introducing me to turning vintage buttons into rings. Tomate generously shared her rings on Craftster and for me it was love at first sight. My collection of vintage buttons is legion. Vintage buttons get used on many of my art to wear projects - hats, clothes, scarves, purses, felt bracelets, and necktie/button cuffs and necklaces.

While sister-in-law was here visiting, tourist rounds were made. Lo and behold, in one shop found perfect high quality plastic (that looks and feels like stone) rings. Snarfed up 9 and have turned 8 into rings. The 9th is traveling somewhere in the clutter on my work bench. :) One I'm wearing for enjoyment and testing durability. The above 7 will go to Grandma's Attic for sale with permission from and credit to tomate d'epingles for starting me down this creative path. So if you are in the Bemidji area, stop by Grandma's Attic and try one on. I won't be selling any online, so if you are not in my area, for online fabulous vintage button rings visit tomate d'epingles

4 comments:

.tomate d'epingles. said...

they look superb!
i absolutely adore the flower
tomate

pinky said...

I love the way these look. Tomate has such excellent designs and sh'es very creative. It looks like some of that rubbed off on you! The rings are fabulous!!

Glorious Hats said...

Thanks Tomate and Pinky! I agree Tomate is a design leader.

Lotta said...

So clever to use the plastic rings. I'm always looking for something other than those bendy metal adjustable ring bases. I supposed the trick is to find different sizes in those rings.