Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another Wool Purse - Whee Ha! It has saddle bags


Another purse begun last winter that went into a holding pattern hit the runway and flew off in this completed form. Am so pleased with it, have entered it in the Craftster Handbag Challenge Challenge entries may be made until August 26, so if you have just made a messenger bag consider entering it. If not, check out all the entries, especially mine :), and do vote. Of course it would be swell if you vote for Messenger with Saddle Bags, but if you prefer another, give it your mark.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Weaver Brewer & Fam said...

That is beautiful! I've been mentally preparing a bag very much like this one for a few weeks. Maybe, if I can ever get the darn boxer pants done, I'll actually make a real bag (instead of an imaginary one)

I will definitely go look and vote!

Weaver Brewer & Fam said...

just had to share the news with someone... We just got home from Jo Ann Fabrics where I found a new addition to the wool felt. I found the 20% wool stuff and even some 35% wool stuff but then... down on the end of the section... a big fat, fluffy bolt... what does that fancy tag hanging off of it say? 100%? blink eyes rapidly. read tag again. 100% wool felt! Nonwoven material! $14.99 a yard.

You guessed it! I used my 40% off coupon and bought a yard. I'm not entirely sure what I am going to use it for, but I just couldn't resist. On the ride home, while joyously thinking of all the crafting possibilities, I knew I had to share the new with someone. Then I realized you might me the only one who would share my joy :)

I'm going to wash some up tomorrow to see how it reacts and then I'll try needle felting on it. I'll take some notes and post about it on craftster as soon as I can :)

Glorious Hats said...

Thanks - the voting will begin sometime after Aug 26. Lots of neat messenger bags already submitte.

Whee Ha! How cool to find your Jo Ann's stocking that range of wool felt. Good for you. Hope it works out beautifully. Great use of the 49% off coupon.