Sunday, August 20, 2006

Work from an Up and Coming Designer & Baker



The three glasses cases were conceived, designed and sewn by AT. The first test is the stripped one. The cases are two layers of fabric with timtex sandwiched in between then sewn. Beautiful and sturdy protection for glasses, or a nice small case for other things.

Sewing since age 8, now nearly 12 years old, AT, in my humble opinion is a rising star. AT, her twin sister, her mom and I get together occasionally for sewing days. It used to be about once a month, but as the girls became confidant in basic skills they no longer need the learning lab projects. Though we still like to try out new things now and again.

Creative beyond fabric, AT, also enjoys baking and cooking. And is very good at it. She won a blue ribbon in this year's county fair for her Almond bread!

When this poor baker needed banana bread for a thank you gift, AT was commissioned to make it. She had not made banana bread before, but located a recipe, made a couple of practice loaves- and then produced the above loaf to sell to me. It looks and tastes great. The recipient was thrilled to get it.

Kudos and major thanks to AT!

2 comments:

Weaver Brewer & Fam said...

That is so cool! I wish I had someone to sew/craft with. Learning new things with friends is awesome!

Glorious Hats said...

I wish you did too. I feel so fortunate.