Friday, December 01, 2006

Circles, Swirls and a Vintage Tie

Trim this corduroy swing bag and bucket hat. Gosh, maybe the fabric is vintage as well. It has been patiently waiting in my fabric collection since we lived in Grand Forks ND in the early 1980s. Last week was it's week to become stuff to wear. Of course, I could not bear to leave it plain, so added some commercial wool-blend felt circles and swirls and a woven wool vintage tie to the plush olive corduroy. Ohhh, it seems very happy.


This is the second purse/bag I've made in this swing style. At first, the shape seemed sort of odd to my eye, but my goodness - it is so practical and comfortable to use. It holds lots of stuff while maintaining a narrow profile.

The hat is a simple bucket style that takes on an almost cloche shape with the trim in place. I do like hats with some brim to keep sun out of one's eyes and wind out of one's ears. Practical - yet fashionable. At any rate that is my goal. What do you think? Achieved beauty and function or missed it by a mile?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that bag!!! absolutely wonderful! the hat is great too!

ogsnacker said...

Natalie here: I love that set, Jane!!!!! Gorgeous....now get some of that on your etsy so I can make a purchase!

Glorious Hats said...

WOW thanks weaver and snacker! You two give confidance. OK, will get them up on Etsy and give it a try. Hugs, Jane