Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hand Bags and Cell Phone Pouches

Hand felted hand bags and cell phone pouches that I trim with wool felt appliques.

The basic bags come from Nepal. They are beautifully made in a cottage industry type setting. Not a sweatshop. It is important to me to help other women, not keep them oppressed, so did check this out before purchasing the blanks.



The Blue Flower purse coordinates with the Blue Flower Hat. Again, the embroidery on the flower is done with hand dyed silk yarn from Linda in Prague - one of my Etsy friends and author of my paperback life blog. The black felt bead was already on as a zipper pull, I added the blue bead to work with the flower.

2 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Love them...on so many levels!
That shade of blue is featured in some of the catalogs for down jackets. Wouldn't that be cute together?

Knitted Gems said...

Ooh, I just love the huge flower on your blue flower purse. Now that's a flower!