Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Harvest Hats & Hat Pins -Last of the Hat and Hangbag Show




Eggplant Set

and

Broccoli Set









Eggplant Set
Hat inspired by a 1950 magazine of vegetable Easter Hats. Entirely hand sewn. Hand felted worm hat pin and egg cluster brooch. Eggplant leaf scarf detailed with freemotion machine stitching, hand sewn together.

Broccoli Set
Hat inspired by a 1950 magazine of vegetable Easter Hats. Over 240 florets hand sewn onto tip. Cabbage moth hat pin detailed with freemotion machine stitching, hand sewn together.Hand felted egg cluster brooch. Long scarf ends in Broccoli leaves hand sewn in place.

These were so much fun to put together. Just tickled my fancy. The needle felted eggs were a blast.

For some smaller items to tempt those with hattitude also made some hat pins. Here are a few. Did not get a photo of the whole group- had some with glass beads hand sewn onto the felt beads.

Again, many, many thanks and great appreciation to Jen, owner of Artist Mercantile
for inviting me to have work in her Hat and Handbag Show.

4 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Yep, I think the broccoli hat is still my favorite. What fun it would be to wear it!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I'm still smiling, I love those two hats. My twenty something son about fell off the couch laughing though. He laughed at the "dead bird" hat on my blog too...so what does he know???

Glorious Hats said...

Thanks for the comments. Ahh, falling on the floor laughing means a reaction it did get. It takes great courage and poise to wear some hats. I love creating hats, whether practical or fanciful. They can protect, bring a smile, make us feel special or beautiful..... ahhh yes... hats, glorious hats.

Liska said...

I had a good laugh seeing these....