Saturday, November 24, 2007

New this Week: Felt Brooch and Sunshine Necklace


What happens when one doodles with yarn on felt: well for me, this brooch appeared. The felt circles were extras from some other projects, the silk yarn is one of my favorites from liska. Added a bit of forest green perle cotton floss and a vintage button.

Then finally finished a WIP (work in progress) necklace of hand made felt beads and salvaged vintage plastic beads. Hand tied knots between each bead. Knots are not perfect, but are getting better, it does take practice. Lots of practice.

3 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

The knots: Perfect is awesome, imperfect interesting? Like freshwater pearl interesting?
Loved the brooch.

Weaver said...

Your work is always so beautiful! and I finally posted on my blog today, thanks for the kick in the pants ;)

Nikki said...

Absolutely adorable! Your are very creative. Still haven't finished my first felting project. One of these days...