Saturday, January 12, 2008

Classy Custom Swing Bag


Spirals and circles appear in lots of my work. The original of this design was done in rust and gold on a green corduroy swing bag. Very sporty, very fallish, very fun. Recently, a lovely past customer ask about getting one similar but using red and beige on black. Hmm, not a color combination that would have occured to me, but oh yes! once suggested, sounded so good. So as soon as Louise was set off flying, got to work on swing bags. The outsides are about the same, the linings are different.


One is beige flannel with rich red pockets. (note: the beige is a bit blanched on my monitor - it is a bit more yellow beige than whiteish beige.)

Pocket on design side is small - to hold ID or other small cards. Pocket on back side is at base of the bag, 3 sections - center section is 1 1/4 inch wide, for pens, larger pockets on either side, about 5 inches wide- for cell phone, wallet, etc.

The other is a neat cotton print with rich red pockets.

If you want more photo details you can find those on flickr.

A new feature to this edition of the swing bag. Clip hook on a ribbon - for keys, flashlight, mace - whatever needs to be hands ready at quick notice. When the straps are up and in use, the keys hang straight down inside the bag.

I'm so glad I took on this color request. The color way totally changes the look of the design. It is very classy and chic. A big thank YOU to Phantom Minuet.


6 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

Great bag!
It looks excellent in these colors. The lining suits it perfectly. Great job as always.

Glorious Hats said...

Thanks so much. Am now thinking about a hat with these colors.

Ladygrande said...

That bag is so clever -- love the design and color matches.

PhantomMinuet said...

It's so beautiful. I'm in three different books groups, so I'm using it as my book bag. I can carry around two books (two paperback or one hardback and one paperback), my book journal, and assorted other reading paraphrenalia, so I always have a book at hand.

I love it! :-)

Glorious Hats said...

Oh PhantomMinuet, how wonderful to hear about your use of the bag. So pleased at how it is working out for you.

njm said...

WOW! I love the bag! The colors are great! Red and black are always festive, but the beige gives this bag a new dimension!