Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finished Doll for Take It Further Challenge January 2008


The last touches included sewing the rest of the clear beads on the flower petals. And adding the "vine" arms. The vine was created by felting wool roving over a floral wire, letting it dry, then positioning it under the leaf collar and curling it around a pencil.

An overview of the development and progress of this doll all in one spot can be found in my Take It Further Challenge set on flickr. (To view all of my blog posts about this Doll, click on TIF in the labels just below this post.)

6 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Great finish! Great inspiration for arms too. Applause and cheers from here!

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Great finish! Great inspiration for arms too. Applause and cheers from here!

kay susan said...

She's lovely. What a difference those arms make. Pefect!

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Jane - So glad you looked at my TIF post because I then found your blog (my TIF follow up from comments is very random!). I really enjoyed reading your blog - I made the most of it and read quite a few posts. Your TIF doll is fascinating - I don't make dolls so was really intrigued by the process. I really like the result and it is nice to know the thinking that went into it as well.

EMBELLISHER said...

I do like the arms, and the doll looks like its about to spout some words of wisdom.
Maya

Knitted Gems said...

She looks incredible! I love her arms, her beaded body and her flower face. She looks inviting, traditional, and fun all in one.