Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Keeping it Together - Staying Sane

One of the biggest challenges in offering things for sale in a variety of places is keeping it all organized. We have a great room above the garage which has become my hand work by the TV area; the place to put items that will go out to either Grandma's Attic or Artist Mercantile and to keep all the stock that is offered in the 2 online stores: Glorious Hats and Felt Sew Crafty Oh yes and a place to photograph goods for the online stores.

It was getting to be rather overwhelming and messy. Thank goodness, Jill has been blogging on and off about cleaning, reducing, and organizing. Her efforts have inspired me to get it together here. While I've been working on such things for years, being a rather chaotic person, was feeling low and as though progress was not possible.
Well a few shelving units have helped immensely. Maybe the call to the house-cleaner service and an organizational helper will not be needed after all. However, having found some one local to call for both those things seemed to take off the pressure. Knowing there is a resource made such a difference. It freed me to quit fretting and get organizing.

5 comments:

Cristina - madhatter wannabe said...

Good job!!!When you're done over there perhaps you can step by my appartment ;-)
I have a long way ahead of me organizing myself!

Knitted Gems said...

Congrats on getting your work space organized! I find that clutter not only makes it difficult to find things but it dampens my creativity - constraining me. I love a clean work space. Hope you're enjoying yours.

PhantomMinuet said...

I envy your workspace and you organization.

Tiggie FOC said...

Atta girl Jane! Treat yourself to an open house at your studio! It will give you the oomph to polish off the last bits, and go forward with making the space especially nice.

I did blog my workspace my first year. I had someone ask to come by and see it today. Only took about 45 minutes to get it presentable. Oh well, a clean work room is also a sign of a boring life. Creativity is messy...even when everything is well organized.

Thanks for the linkage too.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Ooops...looks like my cat is hogging credit for my tidy-up efforts.

Well, in all honesty, he has always been there in the midst of the work.

Thanks for the link to MY site (not his forcryingoutloud). It has been fun having your readers drop by!