Saturday, February 23, 2008

New to Me Hat Book


Thanks to Christina and her blog "The rantings of a MAD HATTER wannabe" discovered this great hatmaking book. Christina was very brave and actually ordered it from Amazon Japan. Being more timid, I remembered that Liz of Felt Cafe (another feltmaker) lives in Japan. So contacted Liz who agreed to broker for me, she found the book and sent it to me. Now it is here, and mine, mine, mine!

Of course the Japanese is beyond me, but the pictures are superb and the graphics and patterns are enough to get me through making the hats.

Christina thought it would be fun to work on a hat from the book simultaneously. That sounds really neat to me too. Now we just need to get together on whether we are making the same hat. Anyone else interested in sewing along with us?

This one looks good to me. But am in the finishing stages of a similar shape hat in wool felt so maybe ought to branch out and try a different style. Hmm, choices, choices.

Book info: Stylish Cloche by Ishida Ohko ISBN4-579-11042-0

4 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

The one on the cover! Do the one on the cover!

Cristina - madhatter wannabe said...

Finally arrived!!!! Isn't it great?!
I would love to make this one:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/107/309722033_94401c8a87_o.jpg
What do you think? Anyone join us?

RecycleMicol said...

I also found one, along with several other really cute Japanese Millinery pattern books, on Ebay.

Your hat is beautiful, J!
RM

Glorious Hats said...

Thanks RM, Thanks cool, if you get the book and want to pass on the eBay seller's ID that would be swell. My Etsy source, FeltCafe, is no longer in Japan.

I searched on Ebay a few days ago and like you found some other books but not this one. So glad you found it.

The styles are just so cool and right up your alley, IMHO. Your work is so beautiful, am just imagining amazing hats from you.