Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Places

When one posts items to the web, whether to photo albums, blogs, online stores, it is often surprising to find who keys into them and where they may show up. Or when they may show up.

Last year when I was messing around with ACEOs, tried a few paper collages. This one made me think of my Grandmother. She sometimes talked of her youth and of my grandfather's going off to Europe in WWI. Until she died, she still had a remembrance pin tucked away in her jewelry box. She wore to keep him close to her during the time he was gone.


Any way posted a photo of it on flickr last year, and yesterday found it on The Blingdom of God blog.

2 comments:

Marie said...

What a lovely tribute to our soldiers and your grandmother.

BTW - I tagged you on my blog. Feel free to play along - or not.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Lovely. And I think I want a pattern for that hat in the picture. It would be lovely to have starchy white lawn hat to wear to church on a hot summer day.