Thursday, May 08, 2008

Refashioned Hat - Breton to Cloche

Woops, did it again -- No before photo.

This sweet face framing golden cloche came back home from Grandma's Attic. Because she was there as an upturned Breton brim hat. Popular in the early 1960s and still was a very nice hat. BUT - on most visits to fluff and primp "The Hat Box" the poor girl was distressed from being pulled, squeezed and pushed. It looked as though people were trying her on frequently, and trying to manipulate the brim from up to down. So she requested a makeover. Am keeping her here a few more days, cause looking at her just makes me happy. Next week, she will go back to Grandma's Attic as she really wants to be worn and enjoyed to the max.


Is she a gorgeous flirt or what?

7 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Yummy color! I think it will work well with the leopard accent deal that is supposed to happen this fall. Like a scarf in leopard or purse. A leopard hat takes(IMHO) a boat load of attitude to carry off.

PhantomMinuet said...

Looks fabulous and practically brand new! I wish you lived close to me. I have a couple of hats that I'd love to have you refurbish.

Marie said...

I must admit that cloches are my favorite style of hat to wear. I love the bow on the side of this hat. It looks so classy and sweet.

LazyTcrochet said...

Gorgeous color and style.

Glorious Hats said...

Ahh Jill, thanks so much for that idea - will see what might be in the stash to pair with her.

Oh Min, yep it would be grand - Well if you ever get to northern MN bring em along. :)

Marie, must admit they are my favorite as well. The bow is part of the original design - it makes me think of Audrey Hepburn.

Welcome lazytcrochet, thanks for visiting here.

Penny said...

I love your blog and dont visit often enough. this particular hat is just yummy, about the last style of hat I wore.

Cristina - madhatter wannabe said...

Looks great and it must be very flattering to the face. The bow is beautiful too!