Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wishes for America on Inauguration Day 2009



May it wave..... in peace
Treasury active through 3am EST Jan 22, 2009

Dedicated to Military and all people, a hope for friendship and peace, as the United States of America ushers in the dawn of a new presidency.

For a wee look into Military life in Afghanistan, visit Tracy's Adventures in Afghanistan

On Etsy, one can curate treasuries. It is a great opportunity to put together items just to make a pretty picture or to make a statement. This one, unusual, for me, is curated to make a political statement and be a work of art in itself as well as to showcase talented artists.

There are artists here from my adopted home state of Minnesota- the American heartland. There are artists from across the US and around the world. Each piece of work, fit color wise into the "flag" and at the same time represents a concept about the USA. I won't go into my interpretation of each; we all see things differently and others may or may not see/feel the same things I do.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Jane - thank you so much for the inspiration! I've had many comments on your post on my blog - a very heartfelt sentiment appreciated by many. Now I'll have to spend some time catching up on your blog! Thanks for the info, and most of all thanks for your support!

Tracy