Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where does the time Go?

It runs so quickly past me. It seems as though only a few hours since my return home from Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival. But, oh gosh oh golly it has been days and days. So jumping in before any more time passes to say:

Thanks to all the committee members and people who worked to bring the festival together. It was a marvelous 2 days. Denise Junk (starsaponthars) and I shared a booth selling our handmade wares; plus doing demos of needle felting (Denise) and traditional wet felting making (me). People were so pleasant and so open to experiencing fiber. It was a great first time vending experience for us. Other vendors were helpful and friendly too.


My biggest highlight was when a young woman came rushing back to our booth to show me a felt bead she had made in the bathroom from fiber purchased from a fiber vendor, she could not wait to get home to try the felt ball/bead making she had learned from me. It was a perfect round small pearl of wool. The memory of her face and body language filled with excitement, enthusiasm and joy of creating is something that will come into my mind's eye to restore and encourage me throughout this next year and beyond.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

You did a great job, Jane - it was a pleasure and privilege being your Neighbor!
:)