Saturday, March 13, 2010

This Week in my Studio

The following is an overview of a few of the things completed or in progress this past week.

Repair/refashion

A fabulous local customer scores hats in various places, on occasion she brings a hat to me for refashioning. This was one. The now deep purple band was pale mauve, I've recovered it with a deeper richer colored silk dupioni fabric; reduced a stain spot on the side and re-attached the veil.

As soon as this rose is finished as a lapel pin, it will be ready for her to pick up. An Easter or Spring Hat and Brooch set.

Next, more casual wear, put some Wool flowers on acrylic caps.

Will take these into Grandma's Attic, as they are perfect for spring in Bemidji.

Preparing to lead a "put a wool coat on your soap' mom and daughter fun crafty class, made up a few samples



Last but not least, nearly late for St. Patrick's Day, a magnificent Green Mustache

Way to late to put it up on Etsy, so will take this one to Grandma's Attic.

Who knows what next week will bring.......

Thanks for following along.

6 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Just came by to say hello and to catch up on your lovely site.
Looks like your busy as always.
Be sure and enter my giveaway before it closes...it is two pots from the Paul Dean collection..
Take care
Maggie

niftyknits said...

Good work Jane! I'm especially liking the wool flowers on the little caps, they lift them to a completely new level.

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Oh my gosh, your hats are amazing!
And I made you Etsy shop a favorite, too.

Thanks so much for the visit to my blog and for entering my giveaway! So nice to meet you and to discover your lovely blog in return!

I'm not actually going to Paris, I'm headed to Warrenton for Antique Week. That's midway between Austin and Houston. I *WISH* I was going to Paris. Someday!

All the best,
Anne

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I do hope whomever gets the green mustache will allow a picture for posting purpose.

Love your stuff! The re-do with the veil was fresh! I'm itching to get back to my millinery too.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I do hope whomever gets the green mustache will allow a picture for posting purpose.

Love your stuff! The re-do with the veil was fresh! I'm itching to get back to my millinery too once my workroom gets done.

Cristina - madhatter wannabe said...

I love your moustaches!! What a wonderful idea!! My nephew would love one, I must keep it in mind for his birthday in September!!