Monday, April 05, 2010

Back to Making Art Cards

Several years ago, tried making some art cards, first the original sort to trade, then after opening an etsy shop made a few more to sell. Even joined the Acetsy Team, makers all of ACEOs.

But alas, though a few of the cards did sell, my ability to capture them in digital images was awful. For Example, Royalty Series Originals
Royalty Series --- Oh Oh and this was the BEST from many, many, many attempts... it just became to embarrassing to keep these listed.

And so my membership in the Acetsy Team wained, indeed I thought I was no longer on "the team" until one day an email came..... knocking, knocking in the inbox. It seemed to stay on the team, I'd need to list at least 5 ACEOs. Well, well, maybe I thought, with the new camera, perhaps before waining out of sight and truely being off the Acetsy Team, it would be worth trying to capture ACEO images again.

Wee Haa ..... not Grrrrrrrrrrrreat photos, but so improved. For proof am offering this picture
RoyaltySet

Well, OK OK, still not fabulous, but at least not embarrassingly blue.

Buoyed with this success, proceeded to rephoto all my fabric/fiber art cards, got the 5 required listed and more....... joined The "7 card draw" and made some more.

My first new ACEO in years:
RunningBunny2
Running Bunny

And a second:
Rain2
Raindrops keep Falling on my Head

Thanks, thanks to Pam of Always Artistic for rekindling the ACEO flame.

11 comments:

Sue said...

I have never tried creating any ACEOs (one of those things that I think about, but just haven't done yet! LOL).

I'm really liking your's. Love the soft textural aspect of them - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Hat is my fave.

Sue:)

krex said...

Jane, these are amazing . You have such a gift, and patience for detail that just makes things come to life . I think I need to hire you to detail some of my felt bags that I am to inpatient to sew and bead .

Do you ever add pin backs to these ? I think they would be awesome "lapel art " . Hope your bringing some of these to Shepherds Harvest .

Glorious Hats said...

Sue and Denise, thanks so much for the nice words.

Oh Sue, can just imagine the amazing ACEOs you would create if ever choose to make them. They can be a nice medium for testing out ideas, stitches, techniques.

Ah, Denise, maybe we could collaborate on some things. We'll can talk about at SH. I'm bad at doing the work of making the main piece. LOL

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

Hi Jane - The idea of ACEOs is interesting -- I've seen some on Etsy but don't remember any as sweet as the bunny or as absolutely fantastic as "Raindrops." That's definitely my favorite - love the beading and the 3D.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Well I have to agree with everyone the Raindrops Keep Falling is my favorite too. Never seen anything like this very creative and pretty.
Hope your doing well and Easter was a blessing
Love
Maggie

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Those are incredible, wow! I'm loving your creations. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

peggy said...

these are great! love the details!

Glorious Hats said...

Maggie, Anne and Peggy, Thanks so much.

Bardot in Blue said...

one word...WOW j'adore what you make here and already can't wait to go explore more...
xoxo Bardot in Blue aka your new fan in Paris

niftyknits said...

Your mini works of ART are beautiful, Jane. But then they would be ;-)

Crystal said...

Hi Jane :-)
I am a big fan of ACEOS. Yours are all wonderful! I love the whimsy of the bunny and the creativity of the "Raindrops". It's very apparent that a fashion maven created that one!!!

Hugs,
Crystal :-)