Thursday, April 15, 2010

Made Wool Flowers, Two Hats and Welcomed a Meerkat

Was so captivated with Alchemy and so enjoyed making a tiny fascinator for her, bought a little meerkat companion for myself from Nifty Knits. She will monitor my weekly creative process, do a bit of modeling, and we'll see what else might come along to keep us both entertained. After a bit of consideration, she has chosen the moniker Eliza and will generally go by Za.

First off we set down and sewed up a couple of tiny fascinators. Za is happily wearing one, as you can see. And enjoying a seat among some of this week's work. The other two larger wool flowers here will either go to Grandma's Attic or get listed on Etsy -- as well as to Shepherd's Harvest. The blue tweed cloche is the start of the new hats for this fall. Am planning a range of cloches and caps.

In a different style am also working on more fancy hats for "Night at the Races" on April 30, a local fete to raise scholarship money. Here is one completed, with me modeling no less. This is one I really like. Though I think most of the ladies attending will want fancier, fluffier hats. One of those is in the works and should be ready to show you in the next few days.

Thanks for looking,

Jane

5 comments:

Rachel Follett said...

Love all of these! Great job!

Beadwright said...

I wear hats all winter long and love this first one.
Nicole/Beadwright

Dawn said...

I think it's so fun that you succumbed to the meerkat. Also, I really like that wool hat.

Eileen said...

Lovely hat - reminds me a bit of those hats at the race track in "My Fair Lady" (a different color scheme, of course, but you know what I mean).

niftyknits said...

So glad Za is feeling right at home in your studio!